The Lok Kawi Wildlife Park was officially open to the public on the 17th February 2007 and is fully developed by the Sabah Wildlife Department.
The park consists of two components: zoological and botanical. The main objective of the park is to become a family-oriented park and the emphasis is put on the Children’s Zoo.
Among the inhabitants of the zoo (zoological component) are the Borneo Pygmy elephants, Proboscis monkey, Malayan tiger, as well as some different species of deer.
The botanical component, on the other hand; offers visitors the opportunity to go jungle trekking along the botanical trail. The paved trail is about 1.4 kilometers long. However, for leisurely strolls, visitors are only advised to walk halfway along the trail.
- Booking requires to be made 24 hours before tour departure
- Upon confirmation of booking, a 50% deposit should be paid to secure the booking.
- Balance of the payment must be settled upon arrival and before tour commence.
- Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer to our bank account stated in our invoice.
- PayPal – a surcharge of 4%+RM2.00 is applicable
- 3 days prior to tour date – No charges
- 1 day prior to tour date or during tour date – Charged 50% of tour payment
- No show – Charged 100% of tour payment