Curious about the rain forest of Borneo? Why not join this tour and let us bring you to explore this amazing forest, it’s terrain, plants, animals, insects and river here? By the end of the tour, you will be able to witness one of the most famous waterfall in Sabah, the Mahua Waterfall. Check out below to find out what are to be expected during the trekking:
|0.0 to 0.5||Downhill||Belian wood stairs with mosses and slippery!|
|0.5 to 1.5||Uphill||Wild mix terrain|
|1.5 to 2.5||Undulating||Wild mix terrain|
|2.5 to 3.0||Downhill||KM 3 Shelter & Toilet|
|3.0 to 4.5||Steep Uphill||1st Peak 2020 ASL * Partially Small Bamboo Forest|
|4.5 to 5.5||Down||Wild mix terrain * Partially Small Bamboo Forest|
|5.5 to 6.5||Uphill||2nd Peak * Highest Point 2050 ASL / KM 6 – Simple Toilet|
|6.0 – 7.0||Undulating||Down Wild mix terrain|
|7.0 to 11.0||Undulating||Down Forest transforming to Tropical Type / KM 10.7 – Shelter & Toilet|
|11.0 to 12.0||Steep Down||Tropical Forest with huge canopy trees, chances to spot Rafflesia, please referPark Guide while trekking. Trail with support ropes for steep descending|
|12.0||Ending||Mahua Waterfall ( Shelter & Toilet ) – Early arrive can relax here|
|12.0 to 12.5||Flat||500M walk to entrance / car park|
Estimated Completion Time: Fast Pace 7 hours; Standard Pace 9 – 10 hours; Leisure Pace 12 – 14 hours
- Wear Lightweight Clothing: Dry-fit T-shirt * Light Trek Pant / Short Trek Pant
- Wear Good Hiking / Walking Shoe with good grip
- Bring Light Jacket / Wind Breaker – in case you cool during trekking
- Bring Whistle – in case you need immediate / emergency attention.
- Bring Headlamp – trail is dark when raining or after 18:00hrs. Also standby for emergency stay purpose.
- Bring Hiking Pole / Stick – Important for balancing support throughout the hikes especially descending.
- Bring Disposable Raincoat – Ideally 2 to 3 set.
- Bring Water – 1.5 – 2.0 L for to prevent dehydration, no water tank to refill water. ( Use hydration salt to prevent cramp )
- Bring Light Energy Foods – power bar * raisin * energy bar * your own favorite snacks
- Bring Small First Aid Kit – Altitude sickness pill * muscle relief * pain killer * personal medication *
- Bring Nail Cutter ( cut your toe nails )
- Bring Towel * 1 Set Light Shirt & Pant – for after trek changing purpose.
- Bring Waterproof Backpack – if you don’t have, pack everything in double plastic bag. Limit Weight less than 7 KG
- Bring Toilet Paper – there are 3 simple toilet along the trail.
- This tour is not suitable for children below 12 years old.
- Patients with followings are not recommended to participate this tour: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity, Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis, Pregnant Woman ; or any other illness which may hamper the adventurer.
- We strongly recommended trekkers NOT to take returning flight on the SAME DAY. Any unexpected situation will definitely delay anyone from flight departure. To be safe, allocate more night stay in Kota Kinabalu City before departure. We hold no responsibility on missed flight.
- Additional charge is applicable if hotel is located on the outskirts of Kota Kinabalu. 1-3people: 15 MYR/per person. More than 4 people: 10 MYR/per person. Please pay directly to the driver.
- If you request for Japanese or Korean tour guide, each tour guide is RM300.00 and please pay to the tour guide directly.
- Miniduk Sirung Trail is a wilderness trail, stay close with park guide to avoid getting lost.
- The trail marker is limited ( red paint on trees * white ribbon * plastic ribbon )
- Please prepare football sock or leech soak.
- The trail can be very slippery during or after raining. Please trek safely!
- There is no helipad along the trail, any emergency evacuation will take times and depend on park rangers to physically carry the injured to the nearest evacuation point. Please trek safely!
- There are only 2 shelters along the trail. KM 3 & KM 10, Raincoat is the MUST!
- There is no water tank to refill along the trail, please bring minimum 2 liters of drinking water.
- Booking requires to be made 24 hours before tour departure
- Upon confirmation of booking, a 50% deposit should be paid to secure the booking.
- Balance of the payment must be settled upon arrival and before tour commence.
- Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer to our bank account stated in our invoice.
- PayPal – a surcharge of 4%+RM2.00 is applicable
- 3 days prior to tour date – No charges
- 1 day prior to tour date or during tour date – Charged 50% of tour payment
- No show – Charged 100% of tour payment