North Borneo Railway is the oldest running steam train in Sabah and Borneo. The nostalgic romance of an old steam train relives memories of a bygone era. Passing through villages and coastal towns, paddy fields, rainforests and plantations of rubber and coffee, a ride on North Borneo Railway is truly a journey of rediscovery into the heart of Borneo.
The Train itself was refurbished to recreate the nostalgic romance of people travelling by steam train in the days of the Chartered Company and the British Colonial Office, both the exterior and interior provide an environment that would have been typical of stepping onto a train in the 1900s.
The North Borneo Railway runs two weekly return departures (Wednesday & Saturday) from Kota Kinabalu to Papar, year round, lasting approximately 4 hours.
- Booking requires to be made 24 hours before tour departure
- Upon confirmation of booking, a 50% deposit should be paid to secure the booking.
- Balance of the payment must be settled upon arrival and before tour commence.
- Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer to our bank account stated in our invoice.
- PayPal – a surcharge of 4%+RM2.00 is applicable
- 3 days prior to tour date – No charges
- 1 day prior to tour date or during tour date – Charged 50% of tour payment
- No show – Charged 100% of tour payment